Checking in from Gaffney, SC …
Walked 22.5 miles today (Tuesday) from Gastonia through Bessemer City and Kings Mountain to the North Carolina/South Carolina border at Grover, NC. Enjoyed the company of a fellow banker and new friend, Earl Lutz, who walked the final ten miles with me. Time sure passed quickly as Earl set a mean pace. I think Earl would join me on my cross-country trip if he had the opportunity.
As Brenda and I leave our home state, several impressions will stay with us:
- North Carolina is diverse and beautiful.
- Spring is a great time of the year to cross the state with blooms everywhere (unless you have allergies).
- Every town and city has something unique and interesting to share.
- Almost all of the people we met were friendly, helpful and memorable.
- We really need to do something about the roadside litter problem.
- We have so many to thank, but especially the staff at the American Heart Association and the NC Bankers Association, so thanks to each of our old and new friends.
So North Carolina, we’ll see you again in the Fall. And now, it’s on to the Palmetto State. One down, ten to go.
Heart Health Hint: Spring is a great time to get the regular exercise habit.